Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Wonder of Swivel Chair

I can't keep myself from secretly smiling as I watched people get fascinated with a swivel chair. Even unconsciously or consciously, I observed that most people, young or old will eventually begin rotating or semi-rotating a swivel chair. Have you done it too? Without even realizing it, your butt itched to try rotating or semi-rotating a swivel chair. Well, embarrassing to admit, I myself is guilty for such a habit.




Swivel Chair in White bycast leather like vynil

Mostly children loved to do it. They will even put up a contest out of it. The rules: who is faster in swiveling it is the winner. Adults like to used in an office because it makes getting objects which are out of reach within reach. Mostly swivel chairs are movable with little wheels on them, some are fixed furniture, integrated in the floor, some though movable don't have wheels. No matter what they're look like, I will always find people swiveling the chair in 360-degree or a 180-degree rotation.



HON Height-Adjustable T-Arms for Volt Series Task Chair, Black
Whenever I saw people, maybe it be children or the young "once"which includes myself, I always asked why? What's the beauty in it? Even in my own self, it felt so silly, so childish swiveling the chair back and forth without any reason at all, unless you are a call attendant with all the phones busy ringing at your side, practically at all your side that you need a 360-degree swivel, then you wouldn't think it silly but necessary. What I am trying to point out is when you are idle, not even busy thinking or planning your next date or next vacation or whatsoever and you're sitting in a swivel chair. Then suddenly, your butt is swiveling the chair, back and forth , back and forth at a steady rhythm without your mind realizing that the action has been processed in your mind. Crazy but try observing it and you will know I am telling the truth.

Executive High Back Glove Vinyl Office Chair [H8021-GG]


Truth to be told, it really felt wonderful, even a little bit relaxing, and care-free. Admit it, everytime you do it, you felt a surge of freedom of having to rotate a chair in 360-degree manner, and see the world, well more likely, your environment with just a second and not having the strain of looking from side to side, or standing up just to get something behind.

Rotate that chair and tell me I am wrong...

No comments:

Post a Comment